If you’re caring for someone with Alzheimer’s disease or other memory impairment, you are doing a huge job that can cause stress, exhaustion, and even illness. As an in-home caregiver, you’re on the job 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You want to make sure your loved one remains in the comfort and security of their own environment. But to maintain your own health and continue giving your quality, loving care, you need an occasional break from your daily responsibilities.
For families needing a helping hand rather than full-time residency, Pacific Living Centers offers respite care and adult day care services. You can get assistance during the day, overnight, or for a temporary extended stay. Use this time to:
- See your own doctor, visit a friend or relative, or go shopping
- Go to church or see a movie
- Take a nap, bathe, take a walk, or otherwise rejuvenate yourself
- Pamper yourself with a hair appointment, manicure, or massage
- Taking a much-needed vacation
- Schedule and recover from elective surgery
Contact the Pacific Living Center home near you for more information about respite care and adult day care.