People with dementia often have trouble making sense of the world around them. Each Pacific Living Center home environment is especially designed with the needs of residents with Alzheimer’s and other memory impairments. This unique setting gently and effectively accommodates behavioral changes, maximizes abilities, promotes safety, and encourages independence.
Each Pacific Living Centers’ home is equipped with:
- 24-hour care and supervision by staff trained in Alzheimer’s and dementia care
- 24-hour emergency call system
- 24-hour on-call nursing assistance
- Fully secure building
- A high-tech alarm system
- Video surveillance in common areas and the outside walkways
- A secure outdoor garden area
Dementia often creates confusion with respect to time and place, particularly in unfamiliar settings. The design of each Pacific Living Center home, as well as the training and expertise of staff members, helps residents feel secure and confident within the home. The safety and security features and practices increase residents’ feelings of independence while keeping them safe and secure.